- When can my family and friends come to visit? +We know how important it is to be able to spend time with family and friends. Our Retirement Community is focused on independent living, meaning you’ll have your own individual apartment suite at The Boulton. Your family and friends are free to visit at any time for as long as they’d like.
- What types of suites are available? +Our 55 plus apartments are available as both 1- and 2-bedroom suites with floor space ranging from 598 to 865 square feet – including a full home of amenities – for you to live comfortably.
- What will my suite include? +When living in one of our Retirement Community suites, you will enjoy an apartment with everything you need. A full kitchen with fridge/freezer, stove, and microwave gives you the freedom to cook your favourite meals if you wish or enjoy a midnight snack. In-suite laundry makes washing clothes convenient, and you’ll get to enjoy a beautiful view on your large balcony.
- What is included in the monthly rate? +When you live at The Boulton, you’ll enjoy a selection of delicious breakfast and dinner options cooked fresh daily by in-house chefs and an all-day coffee break. Our Recreation Coordinator will plan daily stimulating activities for you and our Health Coordinator will assist you with your well-being. We also have a shuttle bus for transportation and housekeeping on a weekly basis. At The Boulton safety and security is an important concern. We provide a daily resident check and on-site management as well as an after-hours caretaker to assist you.
- What amenities are available in the Boulton? +We have a beautiful Event Centre where many of our recreation activities take place. Our Private Dining Room can be used for intimate parties with your family or friends. Our Guest Suite has everything you need to invite your family or friends over for a stay. The Games Room, Theatre and Library are there for your many entertainment needs. Let’s not forget our Sunrooms for sitting and enjoying the beautiful views with a cup of coffee or a good book. The attractive grounds and path around our building are there to stroll around and to enjoy.
- I like to stay active. What kind of recreational activities can I access? +In our Games Room we have gym equipment, billiards and shuffleboard. There are also many organized recreational activities that you are free to partake in throughout the week. Our grounds have a beautiful, paving stone path for walking, as well there are many pathways in the park behind The Boulton.
- How do I know if it’s time to move? +There’s never one concrete answer to this; it ultimately depends on if you feel ready. However, the following are some questions to consider that may help you decide if it’s the right time to move to an independent living retirement community:
- Is your home/condo becoming too much work to upkeep?
- Are you tired of cooking for yourself?
- Are you experiencing mobility issues?
- Are you experiencing some memory loss?
- Is your current living situation feeling lonely?
No matter how you answer these questions, take some time to think about and discuss the change with your family or friends to determine if you are ready to move.